Tricolored Blackbirds at Candlestick Point - Sunday 29 January

Joe Morlan

29 January. Candlestick Point and Heron's Head.

Fourteen enthusiastic birders enjoyed a beautiful almost windless morning
with crystal clear skies where we were treated to close views of a variety
of water and land birds on the Bay Side of San Francisco. Highlights
included at least six male Tricolored Blackbirds at Candlestick Point
providing stunning scope views in perfect light. This is a rarity in San
Francisco. Western Meadowlarks also showed well. This species is locally
distributed in San Francisco and can be hard to find.

The light provided many fine photographic opportunities. Many photos
contributed by Peter Seubert are embedded in our eBird checklists for the
morning.

Joseph Morlan, Pacifica, CA