Re: Empid Photos

Alvaro Jaramillo

Hi all,

From those photos I would think it is a “Western” Flycatcher, lots of green and yellow on it, peaked head, tear drop shaped eyering. At least that is a quick take on it from the photos.

<mailto:alvaro@alvarosadventures.com> alvaro@alvarosadventures.com

www.alvarosadventures.com

From: SFBirds@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SFBirds@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Alan Hopkins alanhopkins@att.net [SFBirds]
Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2016 6:08 PM
To: SFBirds <sfbirds@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [SFBirds] Empid Photos

Here are some photos of the flycatcher from the other day. There were plenty of people watching it today that probably got beter photos than these. I recommend "Advanced Birding" by Kenn Kaufman for more depth on Empid ID. Photo 890 makes the eye ring look smaller that it is and the wing contrast stronger than it is.

The Summer Tanager was there at about noon and there was a Nashville Warbler on Hippie Hill at Sharon Meadows today.

DSC_4887 (2) <https://www.flickr.com/photos/alanshopkins/30965244353/in/dateposted-public/>

DSC_4887 (2)

DSC_4890 (2) <https://www.flickr.com/photos/alanshopkins/31774469885/in/dateposted-public/>

<https://www.flickr.com/photos/alanshopkins/31774469885/in/dateposted-public/>