Re: Nighthawk stayed put

Joe Morlan

Any word from this morning?

On Mon, 5 Sep 2016 06:12:46 +0000 (UTC), "Richard Bradus
grizzledjay@yahoo.com [SFBirds]" <SFBirds-noreply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hi all,As David Nelson pointed out, the McLaren Park Nighthawk was still there this evening, hunkered down, occasionally ruffled by the wind or partially opening one eye, but stubbornly fixed in place between the afore mentioned log and a small brush pile. Thanks so much to all of you who gave such good directions! Alas, I had hoped to see our unusual visitor take to the skies, but it remained prostrate and seemed to get less animated as time passed. Thus, as of about 7:45pm, chilled and windblown, I gave up. So, one wonders and fears about the health of this bird. But maybe the good news is that there is a good chance that it will still be there tomorrow as well.
Richard BradusSan Francisco
--
Joseph Morlan, Pacifica, CA