Winter pelagic - Saturday is ON

Alvaro Jaramillo

Hi folks

     There are a few spots left on this Saturday’s winter pelagic out of Half Moon Bay. Conditions are predicted to be clear, no rain so lots of light for photography and with low winds. A large, long period (not steep) swell is expected, but without much wind on it we are anticipating to be in nice birding weather particularly for winter. We will be looking for winter specialties, hopefully Black-legged Kittiwakes, Ancient Murrelet, Short-tailed Shearwater, Black-vented Shearwater and we will be heading out deep enough to look for albatross. Winter is a great time for Laysan in with the Black-footed, and while exceedingly rare we shall have our eye out for the endangered Short-tailed Albatross. Few trips head out at this latitude during winter, this appears to be the only one this season!

   If you are interested, you can contact me or book directly online: http://alvarosadventures.com/boat-trips/pelagics/

Thanks and great birding.

alvaro@...