Local Interest - Tropical Kingbird, American Bittern, Eurasian Wigeon

David Assmann

Started the morning at Heron's Head and Pier 94, watching lots of ducks, shorebirds and gulls, with a continuing EURASIAN WIGEON at Pier 94 being the highlight.  Headed over to Lake Merced as the sun started to peek through the clouds and watched a minimum of 15 TREE SWALLOWS (there were probably a lot more but they were hard to count) and a VIOLET-GREEN SWALLOW from the Concrete Bridge.  The TROPICAL KINGBIRD landed in a tree above my head near the Boathouse.  Last stop was Elk Glen Lake in Golden Gate Park, and I finally saw the AMERICAN BITTERN (a bird I missed in San Francisco in 2015).