Golden Gate Park Wednesday AM Oct 8

rosita94598

I drove early from Walnut Creek, and after breakfast visited the SF Botanical Garden.  Others were also there and we had quite a show from our lady Prothonotary Warbler.  I saw a Townsend's and several Yellow Warblers there as well.

A second stop at the Log Cabin produced a young or female American Redstart.  It was actually in the trees slightly east, between the picnic area and the Pioneer Woman monument.  The Am Redstart was still present after 11 AM when I returned.

I failed to find the Black-and-white Warbler, but a Ruby-crowned Kinglet was singing softly about noon.

Hugh B. Harvey
Walnut Creek