North Lake

Brian Fitch

A flock of western migrants was still present at North Lake in western Golden Gate Park this morning.  The birds were on the west side of the lake, mostly near the middle island, and I was later joined by Rob Cullison, and then David Assman, who both saw almost everything on the list below:
Turkey Vulture
Willow Flycatcher
Pacific-slope Flycatcher - 4+
Cassin's Vireo
Hutton's Vireo - 2
Warbling Vireo - 2+
Northern Rough-winged Swallow
Yellow Warbler - 4
Townsend's Warbler - 2
MacGillivray's Warbler
Wilson's Warbler - 6+
Western Tanager
Lazuli Bunting - juvenile

Down at S Lake Merced, an Osprey and a Caspian Tern were hunting, and a Killdeer was on the new drought beach north of the bridge.  David told us about the continuing redstart and a dead hawk at the East Wash, and when Rob and I went up there, we found enough of the wing to ID it as a Red-shouldered, but couldn't relocate the 'start.
Brian Fitch