Early Migrants at Lafayette Park

Richard Bradus

Adding my two cents to other recent posts:

On a casual walk through at Lafayette Park this morning there were a number of early fall migrants, including at least two Western Tanagers (one male with a beautiful orange head), at least two Pacific Slope Flycatchers (one calling), another unidentified flycatcher (possible Pewee), and a male Wilson's Warbler. The last may not be a migrant as I have seen Wilson's here on and off throughout the summer. Also nice cameos by the resident Red-tail female, two pairs of Red-masked Parakeets and a good number of vocal chickadees complementing the usual nuthatches, juncos and bushtits.

Richard Bradus