HHP 8/2/14

Dominik Mosur

The Black Skimmer was not seen again after about 7:30. I watched it make a pass over a group of feeding Double-crested Cormorants in India Basin, it then turned SE and appeared to continue out onto the open bay. I lost sight of it when I paused to send the message out to SFBirders, and did not see it again in the next hour.

Other sightings of note:
Spotted Sandpiper - 2, in worn alt., first summer migrants I've encountered in SF
LeastSandpiper- first juv. arrival w/3adults
Marbled Godwit - 1
Elegant Terns - ~20 including first juveniles I've seen on the Bayside this summer
Savannah Sparrow - 4

Dominik Mosur