Palm Warbler at Embarcadero

rosita94598

Not expecting to have time to bird today, I was in San Francisco without my binoculars.  When I found myself with time, I parked at Washington/Davis Sts and walked to the poplar trees north of the tennis courts on Drumm.  I could not believe how easy it was to see the Palm Warbler inside the little fenced enclosure.  It's white eye stripe, yellow undertail coverts and tail bobbing were diagnostic.  It even walked along the wooden railing at the top of the fence, a la the photos posted previously.

Without my binoculars, though, I did not even attempt to look for the Lucy's Warbler.  A Ruby-crowned Kinglet and Yellow-rumped Warbler were active just above the fence top.

Hugh B. Harvey
Walnut Creek