Re: Presidio local interest 10/18 and 10/19

Paul Saraceni

Prior to Logan joining us, Hugh and I observed at BG:

N. Pintail 2 (flying with Surf Scoter flock)
Green-winged Teal 1 (flying with Surf Scoter flock)
Mew Gull 3 (flying E off of ocean)
House Wren 1
W. Meadowlark 7

There were also several Herring Gulls and small groups of Cedar Waxwings on the move throughout the visit.

Earlier in the morning we birded south L. Merced. There was a Yellow-rumped Warbler flock in the flowering eucalyptus trees along Vista Grande Canal which included 1 imm./f. Hermit, 2 Black-throated Gray, and 2-3 Yellow Warblers.

Other observations of local interest:

Ruddy Duck 23 (a tight, likely migrant flock on the water)
Eared Grebe 3
Green Heron 1
Nuttall's Woodpecker 1 f.
W. BLUEBIRD 7 (a calling flock that flew N over the concrete bridge; unusual for L. Merced)
Com. Yellowthroat 3
Great-tailed Grackle 1 m., 1 f.
Tricolored Blackbird 5

Paul Saraceni