Re: Great Shearwater in San Francisco waters.

Peter Pyle

Not on the Farallon list. There was one reported near the Farallones from
an Oceanic Society trip in the 1990s sometime (it will be in the CBRC
book). As I recall it sounded pretty good, but was not accepted. Congrats
Al.

Peter

It's not on Sterling's county lists and there's certainly no City records.
:-) Maybe the Peter or the Farallon crew have more information.

Mark

On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 7:51 PM, Alvaro Jaramillo
<chucao@...>wrote:

All,

What I imagined was going to be a relatively standard Farallons
trip,
turned into a rather non-standard one. The highlight was an amazingly
close
and showy Great Shearwater! A tad later we had great views of Laysan
Albatross, all three jaegers, Arctic and Common Tern, Sabine's Gull and
of
course lots of Tufted Puffins on the Farallons. The Northern Gannet we
could
not find on the Island, I guess you are allowed only one species from
the
Atlantic on one trip ;-)

Photos in a bit. We are heading to SF waters on Aug 18th. Only a
couple of spots left though.

Question - I assume there has been a previous record in SF? Could
someone
confirm.

Good birding,

alvaro@...