Great Shearwater in San Francisco waters.

Alvaro Jaramillo

All,

What I imagined was going to be a relatively standard Farallons trip,
turned into a rather non-standard one. The highlight was an amazingly close
and showy Great Shearwater! A tad later we had great views of Laysan
Albatross, all three jaegers, Arctic and Common Tern, Sabine's Gull and of
course lots of Tufted Puffins on the Farallons. The Northern Gannet we could
not find on the Island, I guess you are allowed only one species from the
Atlantic on one trip ;-)

Photos in a bit. We are heading to SF waters on Aug 18th. Only a
couple of spots left though.

Question - I assume there has been a previous record in SF? Could someone
confirm.

Good birding,

alvaro@...