May 4th pelagic, and SFBBO migrant landbird ID workshop.

Alvaro Jaramillo

Hello folks,

I wanted to let you all know that I have a pelagic on May 4 th, aiming
to find northbound pelagic migrants and you never know but it is a good time
for Murphy's Petrel. One can only dream! Dreaming away, there have been some
offshore sightings in CA of Parakeet Auklets this winter, so that will also
be on our minds! Spring pelagics are few, yet they can be lots of fun
particularly if we luck into the migratory line of terns/jaegers/phalaropes.
Nothing like seeing these birds in breeding plumage! The trip is a go,
assuming the weather cooperates. For info on the trip, please visit:

http://alvarosadventures.com/boat-trips/pelagics/

Also coming up is the migrant landbird workshop on April 30th, May 2nd
(classroom evenings), May 5th (field trip). The focus of this workshop is to
understand migration and how it works, but also focuses on the
identification of migratory landbirds (warblers, vireos, thrushes, etc). For
signup info, please see SFBBO:

http://www.sfbbo.org/activities/workshops.php

Good birding!

alvaro@...