Re: hooded oriole, Dolores Park - with Photo Link

GunderTaker <sfgundertaker@...>

This morning (3/25) I was able to get a few photos of the Oriole. He was singing his heart out, but remained high in the Fan Palm.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobgunderson/

Bob Gunderson
San Francisco

--- In SFBirds@..., "lewisellingham" <magicpool@...> wrote:

Charlie Hibbard sent me this message this morning: "Hooded Oriole definitely in attendance this morning, in one of the palms just north of the footbridge, glowing in the morning sunlight..." and the day before he said he heard what is likely the same bird. Weekend crowds are so dense, however, that few birds save sturdy house finches and sparrows braved the afternoon. As Ms. Scarlett O'Hara reminded us, however, "tomorrow is another day." This is all quite late in the season for the hooded orioles' return to Dolores Park.