Re: Crossbills and bat questions request

Alvaro Jaramillo

Josiah

Here on the coast south of you we have nearly NO bats, they are really
hard to see. The bat I see most often in the Montara - Half Moon Bay is the
Big Brown, a couple of times in the day! I have seen a type of Myotis as
well over ponds south of town. But the dearth of bats is amazing here. In
the forest in the south county then I think I have seen Hoary, and perhaps
Pipistrelle (tiny). I have yet to see a Free-tailed on the coast. I bet bats
in the city will be where it is warmest and where there is water.

That definitely does not answer your question, but it gives you some
comparatives perhaps?

alvaro@...

www.alvarosadventures.com

_____