Warbler?

Alan Hopkins

This morning I heard a Dendrocia-like warbler singing on the ridge between McLaren Lodge and Conservatory Road East. I never could find the bird. It only sang a few times. There were also two Western Tanagers along Conservatory Rd. and another at Middle Lake.

There was a Warbling Vireo on Strawberry Hill.

A pair of Ring-necked Ducks was on North Lake.

I got to the East Wash late and missed all the birds mentioned, The highlight was a Pipevine Swallowtail  nectaring on Wild Radish. It looked very freshly eclosed, but I can't guess where it came from.

Alan Hopkins