Mt. Davidson, 06/13/00 (7:00-8:10 AM)

Paul Saraceni <Paul.Saraceni@...>

A couple of late migrants this morning plus other usual suspects.
Observations of local interest:

Band-tailed Pigeon 3
Western Wood-Pewee 1
Warblers:
Orange-crowned 1
Wilson's 2
Black-headed Grosbeak 1
Lesser Goldfinch 16

I also observed a Dark-eyed Junco singing a song that I have not previously
heard -- not the typical trill that I usually hear. When I first heard it,
I though it was an aberrant Lazuli Bunting song. The song consisted of 4-5
"swee-swee-swee-swee" notes followed by a portion of a typical Junco trill
and ending in a single note that sounded just like the call note of a Lazuli
Bunting. It was singing away along the wide path (with the gate) that runs
from the street to behind the big cross.

We will be heading to Lake Tahoe in the near future for a few days of R&R.
Can anyone recommend any locales on the West Shore near Tahoe City for some
short birding visits? Please reply privately to my e-mail address. Thanks.

Paul Saraceni
paul.saraceni@derwin.com