LTDU West SF

Alan Hopkins

Today there was a Long-tailed Duck in the Scoter flock at the base of Mile Rock. Other ducks around were: Wood Duck and Northern Shoveler on Elk-glen Lake, 4 Hooded Mergansers Stow Lake, 1 Lesser Scaup North Lake.

There was a Red-breasted Sapsucker X Yellow-bellied/Red-naped Sapsucker on the Banksia on Hippy Hill at Sharon Meadow.  A single Varied Thrush near the Stone Circle and 4 California Quail. Was that I saw four quail again about 30 minutes later near the steps that go up to Stow Lake from the Tea Garden. I suspect there are 8 quail in two flocks but can’t say for sure.

Alan Hopkins