Sutro bath Heermann's gull with white wing patches

Rob Garriock <rgarriock@...>

Today I observed a gull fly into sutro bath with white wing patches. It was that rare color form of a HEERMANN'S GULL. This was the only HERRMANN's GULL I observed today. There was also a large flock of BLACK TURNSTONES (10-15 birds). Offshore there was some good feeding activity including a pod of 10 or more dolphins (White-Sided?). Nothing special of the feathered kind except for 3 COMMON MURRE.

Later Today near my home a Dead Young Male TOWNSEND'S WARBLER was on the steps leading down to the 17th and Clayton intersection. Beautiful bird.

cheers, Rob San Francisco.