Re: [SPAM] lapsed birder ID question

Alvaro Jaramillo

Dan

This is a difficult angle, but this looks like a juvenile Red-shouldered
Hawk to me. If you want to hang your hat on a specific mark, the Cooper's
and Sharp-shinned do not have markings on their undertail coverts like in
your bird. Also your individual shows a good reddish wash to the shoulders,
and underwings, and a rather big and heavy head.

Al

Alvaro Jaramillo

chucao@...

Half Moon Bay, California