Lewis's Woodpeckers etc.

Alan Hopkins

There were two Lewis's Woodpeckers flying over the Simonds Loop Area in the Presidio, I don't think they stopped. I also saw a Robin-sized black bird with a white rump land in a eucalyptus near the Letterman Center. I did not notice any white in the wing. There was also a fly-by Western Kingbird and a small flock of Vaux's Swifts.

This morning at Lake Merced there was a single male Wood Duck on the enclosure and a Tennessee Warbler at MH2.

Mark Eaton and I scoped Battery Godfry but few birds crossed in the hour we were watching.

Alan Hopkins