Topics

Two More D&C Paintings

Bill Donahue

I went to the Fort Myers Historical Museum this morning. I was
surprised to find two more paintings by Frog Smith on display. The
first is similar to the one at Good Faith Antiques, which I posted
about some time ago. This painting shows loco #10, facing the opposite
direction. The second painting shows #10 pulling what was supposed to
be the last log train, across the Seaboard's Caloosahatchee bridge.
Frog depicts the loco as having a black cab, domes, stack and tender,
with a gray boiler and smokebox. The painting shows the log cars
coupled with roosters...I would have thought they would have to use the
knuckle couplers when on the SAL.