Topics

[southeastrrhistory] Filer & Stowell Locomotives

Donnie Hensley

Allen
Filer & Stowell is still in business (and for sale as the owner wants to retire), here is a link to their website and plans for an 0-6-0.
Might be possible they have sales records still available?

The photo is in Steam & Thunder in the Timber by Koch, but is listed as unknown location.
No record of this company in Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, South Carolina & Alabama records I have.
The second smaller cylinder is the steam brake, used for stopping the locomotive and hopefully the no brake logging cars behind it!
Have not seen a Filer & Stowell roster, nor have I seen a company in Florida or Georgia received one.
Southern Iron & Equipment, Georgia Car & Locomotive and Birmingham Rail & Locomotive never had one cross their path.
Very rare.
Steam & Thunder had two photos, both by the company photographer, one showing the unknown location engine, the other an engine under construction back at the shops.

Don

Donald R. Hensley, Jr.
277 S Washington St
Waynesburg. PA 15370
724-627-3880
SE Shortline, Industrial & Narrow Gauge History:
www.taplines.net