From: Donnie Hensley <donnie@...>
To: southeastforestindustrymodeling@...; southeastrrhistory@...; floridacitrusindustrymodeling@...; FlaRRHistory@...
Sent: Sun, June 27, 2010 2:11:27 PM
Subject: [southeastforestindustrymodeling] Florida Southern Railway narrow Gauge Web Pages

Gang,
I've been working all week on the Florida Southern's narrow gauge web pages.
While not officially up, you can see previews at:
http://www.taplines.net/fs/fs/html
http://www.taplines .net/fs/fs1887. html
http://taplines. net/fs/fsroster. html
http://www.taplines .net/fs/fs1887. html
http://taplines. net/fs/palatka. html

I'm still adding pages and revising these pages.
Any comments, corrections and goof ups, let me know.

Don

Donald R. Hensley, Jr.
277 S Washington St
Waynesburg. PA 15370

724-627-3880
SE Shortline, Industrial & Narrow Gauge History:
www.taplines. net
++++++++++++ +++++++++ +++++++++ +++++++++ +

Donnie Hensley

I have one photo, a history of the GAL by Charles Booyer in an issue of the Token News (Florida Token Society, I wonder if they are still around?)
Some legal documents from the Univ of West Florida special collections, a newspaper article about the government takeover during the war and a locomotive roster with three engines on it.

Don

Donald R. Hensley, Jr.
277 S Washington St
Waynesburg. PA 15370
724-627-3880
SE Shortline, Industrial & Narrow Gauge History:
www.taplines.net

Have you ever done anything with the German-American Lumber Co??
Steve in SC

I've been working all week on the Florida Southern's narrow gauge web pages.
While not officially up, you can see previews at:
http://www.taplines.net/fs/fs/html
http://www.taplines .net/fs/fs1887. html
http://taplines. net/fs/fsroster. html
http://www.taplines .net/fs/fs1887. html
http://taplines. net/fs/palatka. html

I'm still adding pages and revising these pages.
Any comments, corrections and goof ups, let me know.

Don

Donald R. Hensley, Jr.
277 S Washington St
Waynesburg. PA 15370

724-627-3880
SE Shortline, Industrial & Narrow Gauge History:
www.taplines. net

Steven Holding

Don
Thank you for your response.  I poked up the Uof WF Library and it looks like I will be traveling to Penscola after we get our house built.
While at Ft. Rucker in 70-72 I use to hang around with the agent for the C of Ga. at Dothan and got to go over to the Bay Line GO a couple of times.  He use to take the girls there roses.  He had a job lined up for me when I got out of the Army on the Bay Line in the shops in PC but I headed home instead.  Use to hang around with the H&S guys when I could helped rerail the engine on the M&B once as they were operating it at the time(What little it moved by then)
It is fun to chase ghosts as I have a book being edited now on a little interurban in Illinois for CERA and working on a couple pieces for the BRHS
Steve in SC