Topics

[southeastforestindustrymodeling] History ?- Bache & Hagen Lumbering Company - ~1890's

Donnie Hensley

The 1902 Polk 's Lumber Directory has a Bache & "Hagan" (note the different spelling) at Luraville with a 20,000 feet a day mill cutting yellow pine. Their offices and yard was in Live Oak. My earlier and later lumber directories do not show any of these names.

I have a reference from 11-19-1889 that CW Bache and WC Bache operated the Bache Brothers Sawmill 5 miles west of Live Oak, in which they agreed to sell their entire output to George Drew.

Don

Donald R. Hensley, Jr.
277 S Washington St
Waynesburg. PA 15370
724-627-3880
SE Shortline, Industrial & Narrow Gauge History:
www.taplines.net
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

To: southeastforestindustrymodeling@...
Sent: Tue, February 23, 2010 8:34:52 AM
Subject: [southeastforestindustrymodeling] History ?- Bache & Hagen Lumbering Company - ~1890's

I'm trying to find information on the Bache & Hagen Lumbering Company - ~1890's.  Their is an old steam locomotive in Tallahassee FL that had their logo on it... the locomotive was recovered from the Suwannee River, near Luraville, FL in 1979... I have located info on Bache Brother's Lumber during this time period, but no luck on digging anything up on "Hagen".

If anyone has info on the subject, I would appreciate it.

thanks,

Brian Cobble

Brian Cobble

Thanks again... There is an old locomotive in Tallahassee, FL on display in front of the state Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services office.  It is being preserved as historical monument, and i was researching technial details associated with the train.

Brian 

--- On Tue, 2/23/10, Donnie Hensley wrote:

Subject: Re: [southeastforestindustrymodeling] History ?- Bache & Hagen Lumbering Company - ~1890's
To: southeastforestindustrymodeling@...
Date: Tuesday, February 23, 2010, 10:31 PM

The 1902 Polk 's Lumber Directory has a Bache & "Hagan" (note the different spelling) at Luraville with a 20,000 feet a day mill cutting yellow pine. Their offices and yard was in Live Oak. My earlier and later lumber directories do not show any of these names.

I have a reference from 11-19-1889 that CW Bache and WC Bache operated the Bache Brothers Sawmill 5 miles west of Live Oak, in which they agreed to sell their entire output to George Drew.

Don

Donald R. Hensley, Jr.
277 S Washington St
Waynesburg. PA 15370
724-627-3880
SE Shortline, Industrial & Narrow Gauge History:
www.taplines. net
++++++++++++ +++++++++ +++++++++ +++++++++ +

To: southeastforestindu strymodeling@ yahoogroups. com
Sent: Tue, February 23, 2010 8:34:52 AM
Subject: [southeastforestind ustrymodeling] History ?- Bache & Hagen Lumbering Company - ~1890's

I'm trying to find information on the Bache & Hagen Lumbering Company - ~1890's.  Their is an old steam locomotive in Tallahassee FL that had their logo on it... the locomotive was recovered from the Suwannee River, near Luraville, FL in 1979... I have located info on Bache Brother's Lumber during this time period, but no luck on digging anything up on "Hagen".

If anyone has info on the subject, I would appreciate it.

thanks,

Brian Cobble