Topics

National Narrow Gauge Convention Survey

Frank Pearsall

Good morning:

Over the past several years, there has always been much lively discussion about the National Narrow Gauge Convention (NNGC). So, I have some questions. This is a straight-up survey. I have tried to make the questions objective as possible.

Where should the NNGC be held every year?

West of the Mississippi
East of the Mississippi
Move around to different areas of the U.S.A.

If a NNGC were held in Canada, would you attend?

At the present, the NNGC is set up:

Wednesday - check in during the day. Enter contest models. Trade show opens in the evening.

Thursday a.m. - trade show, clinics, model contest

Thursday afternoon - free

Thursday evening - trade show, clinics, model contest

Friday - same process

Saturday a.m. - trade show, clinics

Saturday afternoon - free

Saturday evening - host committee housekeeping speeches, awards presentations, selection of future convention, Charlie Getz speech.

If you could change this format, what would be the ONE most important thing you would change?

What would be the next thing (if any) you would change?

Out of the 26 NNGCs, how many have you attended?

If you have been to less than five NNGCs, what would have to change for you to attend more of them?

If you have never been to a NNGC, what would have to change for you to attend?

END OF SURVEY. SURVEY WILL CLOSE ON SEPTEMBER 10, 2006.

You can reply to me privately or on the open list. After I've gathered up all the answers, I'll post them.

If you want to make OTHER editorial comments, please do so in a separate message with a subject line of: "NNGC convention survey editorial comments".

Finally nothing nasty, cynical, sarcastic, silly or whatever here. Honest. I really want to know what people think. I want to post the results which will achieve two things:

Future convention committees will get to see the results.

Then, we can have some lively discussions (to include nasty, cynical, sarcastic, silly or whatever comments)

Frank A. Pearsall
Brevard, N.C.
Less than 45 days until Narrow Trak 06 (October 13, 14)