Topics

Narrow Trak 06 convention

Frank Pearsall

For those of you that have sent in your registration forms, THANK
YOU! Next week it happens, so please get them back in here. Otherwise,

Announcing...

On Friday and Saturday, October 13 and 14, 2006 you’re invited to
gather at Silvermont Mansion in Brevard, North Carolina for Narrow
Trak 06. This annual convention will feature camaraderie, seminars,
manufacturer displays, operating modules, popular-vote model contest
and Saturday night entertainment.

Seminars, as usual will feature a mix of prototype and modeling.
Some of our presenters and the subject include:

•Jerry Ledford, The narrow gauge logging railroads of the Champion
Fibre Company in Western North Carolina, 1908-1947

•Ben Bartlett, Scratch building Dickey Road Underpass

•Noll Horan-MMR, Scratch building trees

•Frank Pearsall-NCRM, Sanborn fire insurance maps

•Tom Yorke, making resin look like wood or metal

The popular-vote model contest will consist of:

•Motive power

•Rolling stock

•Structure

•Diorama

•The coveted Beloved Founder Award

Our Saturday night, October 14th, we’ll have Roy Chapman and his
group, True Blue Grass (with special guest, Clarence Brown) perform
exclusively for us. If you’ve never heard bluegrass, you’re in for a
treat. If you already love bluegrass music, you’re gonna hear music
in the finest Bill Monroe tradition.

For those of you that already have your registration forms, get them
in here! We need to know how many dancing girls to hire.

Shown below is the individual registration form and a list of bed
and breakfast/motels. For other information, contact:

Narrow Trak 06
1004 Old Hendersonville Hwy., Ste 104
Brevard, NC 28712-3120

Hotels and Motels

Greystone Inn, 200 Greystone Ln., Lake Toxaway, NC 28747-8560
1-800 824-5766, 828 966-4700, www.greystoneinn.com

Hampton Inn, 800 Forest Gate Center, Pisgah Forest, NC 28768-7734
1-800 426-7866, 828 883-4800, www.hamptoninn.com

Holiday Inn Express, 1570 Asheville Hwy., Brevard, NC 28712-7584
1-800 465-4329, 828 862-8900, www.holiday-inn.com

Imperial Motor Lodge, 950 Asheville Hwy., Brevard, NC 28712-3004
1-800 869-3335, 828 884-2887, www.imperialmotorlodge.com

Sunset Motel, 415 S. Broad St., Brevard, NC 28712-4009
828 884-9106

The below are at the Asheville Airport
(about 20 miles From Silvermont Mansion)

Budget Motels, 1-877 779-7070, www.budgethotels.com
Comfort Inn, 1-877 424-6423, www.comfortinn.com
Days Inn, 1-800 329-7466, www.daysinn.com
Econo Lodge, 1-877 424-6423, www.econolodge.com
Hampton Inn, 1-800 426-7866, www.hamptoninn.com
Holiday Inn, 1-866 655-4669, www.holiday-inn.com

Narrow Trak 06
Bed and Breakfasts

Angelique Inn, 408 S. Caldwell St., Brevard, NC 28712-3904
828 883-4105, www.angeliqueinn.com

Chestnut Hill Bed & Breakfast, 400 Barclay Rd., Brevard, NC 28712-9741
828 862-3540

Inn at Brevard, 410 E. Main St., Brevard, NC 28712-3837
828 884-2105, www.innatbrevard.8m.com

Keys Falls Inn, 151 Everett Rd., Pisgah Forest, NC 28768-8621
828 884-7559

Mountain Air Bed & Breakfast, 300 W. Probart St., Brevard, NC
28712-3618
www.mtnairbedandbreakfast.com

My Someday, 6112 Greenville Hwy., Brevard, NC 28712-7536
828 883-9616

The Red House Inn, 412 W. Probart St., Brevard, NC 28712-3620
828 884-9349, www.brevardnc.com

Womble Inn, 301 W. Main St., Brevard, NC 28712-3609
828 884-4770, www.thewombleinn.com

Narrow Trak 06 Individual Registration form

Your name:____________________________________

Spouse’s name:________________________________

Address:______________________________________

City, St, Zip:________________________________

Phone number:(_________)______________________

E-mail:_______________________________________

Primary scale:________________________________

Your registration @$20.00:__________

Spouse registration @$12.00:__________

Children over 12 @$5.00:__________

One-hour “Just-looking” rate @$5.00________

Make check payable to Frank A. Pearsall

fine print notice: there will not be individual selling of any
products, goods or services at silvermont mansion to include the
interior, exterior or grounds.
Narrow Trak 06 will be held on Friday, October 13, 2006, from 2 p.m.
to 10 p.m. and Saturday, October 14, 2006 from 8:30 a.m. to 10 p.m at
the Silvermont Mansion, East Main Street, Brevard, N.C. For further

or E-mail,narrowtrak@...