Re: Working on a Lionel Atlantic

Greg Elmassian

Ahh, turns out that a common item broken on these locos is a cracked
crankpin. The great news is that there are still parts available from
Lionel, and on line. They have exploded diagrams, and I bought a new
wheelset for $14, and bought new rods.

Greg

--- In sandiegogardenrailways@..., "Greg Elmassian"
<greg@...> wrote:

Well, I bought one of these finally. They can go for over $200 on
ebay, and often are messed up.

I got one for $99 in what appeared to be good shape, but further
investigation shows several things need to be fixed or repaired.

I've found some good fixes, and posted them on my web site.

Look under TRAINS...MOTIVE POWER...LIONEL

It's a nice-looking loco, and the drive train is actually rugged.
Adding 3 pounds of weight then makes sense, and it might pull a
resonable passenger car consist.

Regards, Greg
www.elmassian.com

Join SDGRS@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.