Wireless DCC

Greg Elmassian

I also wanted to run wireless throttles, since I intend to ring the
house with track.

You can buy wireless throttles, but they are clunky, expensive, and
they do not have 2 way communication (not all of them).

Enter Kam Industries. They make a software package that runs on a
pc, sends the commands over a serial cable to your control module
(the box that puts DCC commands on the rails). The package receives
commands via 802.11. So you can use any Windows CE handheld that has
802.11. Very cool.

Will be installing a DCC receiver in a Bachmann loco this weekend,
and then will try the wireless software.

Greg

Join SDGRS@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.