Questions about SCR-L and JS8Call

Kenneth Kane

Colleagues,

We are “in school” at ND8GA with a lot of Covid monitoring and some virtual learning.

I would like to know where the SCR-L latest version can be downloaded.  We have a new computer in our shack. The “Earthlink” site does not seem to be working.

I would like to know if schools who participate in the Roundup have “settled” on using JS8Call, and whether there are recommended procedures involved during the October event.

We are holding weekly meetings on Tuesdays at 3:30 to 4:00 Eastern.  If any school club moderators are interested in joining us, I can send along a Zoom link.

Thanks,

Ken, KG8DN
Gilmour Academy, ND8GA

--
Kenneth Kane
Academy Archivist; Instructional Support

Gilmour Academy, a Catholic school in the Holy Cross tradition, educates the hearts and minds of our students to have the competence to see and the courage to act in creating a more humane and just society.
Facebook icon Twitter icon  Gilmour Academy home page

The Gilmour Fund closes June 30

N2RQ

Thanks for the posting Ken. We don't know yet if W2CXN will have any members on-site, but we will be trying to be creative.

I am adding the old group address to this because too many have not switched over to our SCR@groups.io list.

73, Lew N2RQ - SCR@...

Colleagues,

We are “in school” at ND8GA with a lot of Covid monitoring and some virtual learning.

I would like to know where the SCR-L latest version can be downloaded.  We have a new computer in our shack. The “Earthlink” site does not seem to be working.  You are correct. Perhaps some of us have saved copies of SCR-Log than can be shared.  I will look for one on my computer.

I would like to know if schools who participate in the Roundup have “settled” on using JS8Call, and whether there are recommended procedures involved during the October event.  JS8Call seems to allow support of the SCR exchange and more. I am still getting acquainted with it and would also appreciate feedback.

We are holding weekly meetings on Tuesdays at 3:30 to 4:00 Eastern.  If any school club moderators are interested in joining us, I can send along a Zoom link.

 I would be interested in joining when I am available. (One would think a retiree would be freer.)

Thanks,

Ken, KG8DN
Gilmour Academy, ND8GA