[JS8Call] JS8 QSO Party - Sat, 09/12/2020 7:00pm to Sun, 09/13/2020 7:00pm #cal-reminder

N2RQ

This is another chance to try JS8Call.  I am still learning operating procedures. If you participate, please share your experience.

73, Lew, N2RQ

SCR@...

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [Special] [JS8Call] JS8 QSO Party - Sat, 09/12/2020 7:00pm to Sun, 09/13/2020 7:00pm #cal-reminder
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 12:00:02 -0700
From: js8call@groups.io Calendar <js8call@groups.io>
To: js8call@groups.io

Reminder: JS8 QSO Party

When: Saturday, 12 September 2020, 7:00pm to Sunday, 13 September 2020, 7:00pm (GMT+00:00) UTC

Where:All Amateur bands, HF, VHF, & UHF

View Event

Organizer: kn4crd@...

Description: The JS8 QSO Party is a chance to get on the air with JS8 and make some contacts every month. Whether you like a quick exchange or a long rag-chew, this event is for you. We have a lot of great, patient operators in the group, so the environment should be very welcoming!

The party is an all-day event held monthly on the Second Saturday of the month (unless the schedule is modified for a particular event). Each month will have a theme or goal.

Monthly Theme: Get on the air and chat with JS8!
When:
24 hours starting at 19:00 UTC and ending at 19:00 UTC (Zulu)
Participation: Global
Bands: All Amateur Bands

Remember, by default JS8 QSO Party events are not contests, so all amateur bands are open for use. Now might be the time to break out your 30m delta loop or 17m hamstick or 12m bed springs!

Sticking to the theme is nice, but remember that with JS8 we have the freedom of free-text. So, feel free to QSY toward a clear frequency and talk about anything you want.

I hope to see some of y'all on the air. Let me know if I can help in the meantime!

Cheers!

Best,
Jordan / KN4CRD

Ken Gunther

I tried listening this evening and there seemed to be a lot of JS8 activity on 40 meters.

Ken WB2KWC

SCR@LIMARC.ORG
View Event <https://groups.io/g/js8call/viewevent?eventid=685823>
*Organizer:* kn4crd@gmail.com <mailto:kn4crd@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20Event:%20JS8%20QSO%20Party>