Topics

Search for family by given names of children (was RM-8)

Jim Belanger

RM-8 isn't out yet so this may not be too late???
I wish
There was a way to find a family by listing the given names of the siblings.
We often see an obit where we see children listed, Frank - Joseph - Tammy - Louis, etc.
If we had a search that would find a family with those siblings, it would be VERY helpful.

Here is a perfect example.
Kathleen Belanger
Palm Bay - Kathleen Belanger, age 72, of Palm Bay, Florida passed away on Sunday, May 17, 2020.
Her loving husband, Leo, children, Robert, Carrie, Judy and her sister, Michele, survive her.

Hon. Jim Belanger

Terry Wells

I’m guessing that if you were able, as requested, to do a search on Robert, Carrie and Judy you would come up with the family of Leo and Kathleen Belanger - or am I misunderstanding something?

--
Terry Wells

Jim Belanger

Yes, can you do a search listing three siblings and come up with the family?  If we can do that now, please tell me how.

Hon. Jim Belanger

On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 1:37 PM Terry Wells via groups.io <terry.wells=talktalk.net@groups.io> wrote:

I’m guessing that if you were able, as requested, to do a search on Robert, Carrie and Judy you would come up with the family of Leo and Kathleen Belanger - or am I misunderstanding something?

--
Terry Wells

Rick H.

Well the way I read your request I think this might do:

Using Belanger, Kathleen might be difficult for me as I only use Maiden names for wives.   So to follow/find this family I would:

Pulldown Search > Person List (this is the magnifier on the toolbar)

Then start by typing BELANGER, LEO (or any shortened version of this that works) which should float the people list to this entry.   So in the upper right panel you would see Spouse and Parents (if they exist).  In the lower right panel you would see children.   A little visual Boolean logic helps you find the family.

If there are 16 people that match this string you can use up/down arrows in the left panel (or the NEXT PRIOR buttons at the top)  to step from one to the next and the right panels update as you go.

Does that get you want you want?
\s\Rick