211213, Special Event: Bob Heil K9EID is making a return visit to ARES Seal Beach/Los Alamitos and VA Radio Club. "Heil Holidays" Monday, Dec 13th, at 6:30 pm via zoom.

Rick KK6CTT

Edited

Midge, W6LIK has invited the EMCOMM Hub crew to the "Heil Holidays" event on Monday, 13 December 2021 at 1830 Local (see below)  Thank you Midge!

To All ARES and VA Ham operators....and Ham friends everywhere.  Please invite your family and friends for this fun holiday event.  Below is the Zoom link.  If you already have zoom on your computer just sign into zoom and use the meeting ID and passcode to join.

Feel free to extend this invitation to others as well.....the more the merrier.

Linked here is a PDF with more information about the meeting.

Hope you can join us for this very special event.

Bob Heil K9EID is making a return visit to ARES Seal Beach/Los Alamitos and VA Radio Club.  "Heil Holidays" Monday, Dec 13th, at 6:30 pm via zoom. Please join in the festivities by wearing a holiday hat and consider asking your family members to join in as well, it will be a ZOOM Christmas.

We invite all to enjoy an evening with this great innovator of sound engineering known as "A Living Sound Legend."  Bob is famous for his amateur radio programs, microphone development, and installation of satellite dishes for broadcasters and sound engineers. He founded Heil Sound in 1966, which went on to create unique touring sound systems for bands such as The Grateful Dead and The Who. He invented the Heil Talk Box in 1973 which was frequently used by musicians such as Peter Frampton, Joe Walsh and Richie Sambora and is still in use today. In 2011, Bob was the host of live, weekly, Radiocast "Ham Nation." In his early twenties, Bob designed and built theater pipe organs and played the organ at the Holiday Inn North restaurant for six days a week in his hometown. That is where he honed his skills.

We are so happy to have this ham innovator and master theater organ musician for our "Heil Holidays" evening. He will be playing his famous Wurlitzer organ and other organs.  During his concert we will also include three unique holiday stories told by some of our members.

Please join us for an evening of joy and celebration..Sorry, but this year you will have to provide your own refreshments!