Topics

Yaesu FTdx-9000D with MFJ1234

Charlie Mink

Greetings. I am new to the group and am doing preliminary research on interfacing an MFJ1234 with my Yaesu FTdx-9000D (PEP) and controlling it remotely with my late model iPad Pro.  I’ve searched and it looks like a few 9000 owners have interfaced an  MFJ1234 but I couldn’t find specifics.

Here’s my situation.  I have:
Yaesu FTDX9000D (PEP)
Yaesu Quadra amp
Yaesu G 1000DXA rotor
microHAM USB iii  interface

50 MHz Panoramic Adapter Board by hupRF w,RSP1A SDR
Ameritron RCS8V antenna switch with three antennas (160, 80, 10-40)
HP I7 desktop running Windows 10
I have Win4YaesuSuite

Here’s I want to do:
Operate remotely from my house at the Jersey Shore using my 2020 11” iPad Pro.  Hurdles I see are being limited to one antenna, either 10-40, 80 or 160 unless I run individual coax feed lines to my Quadra amp and eliminate my remote antenna switch; I’m not sure if I will be able to control my Yaesu rotor. I have the cable to connect the rotor control box to the radio but have never used it; the microHAM iii has a sound card but I don’t know if the RigPi cane use it. If it can do I still need to buy the MFJ1234 with a sound card;  finally, since radio has a built in keyer I don’t know if I need to an MFJ1234 with a keyer.  I assume I will be able to turn on my 9000 remotely which will in turn power up my Quadra.  I’m unclear on how the microHAM and rotor power up remotely.

I would appreciate any advice, particularly from an FTdx 9000 owner.

Thanks!
--

73,
Charlie