Topics

Yaesu FTDX 5000 cables

jrk538@...

Dave,

The cable connections for the Yaesu FT dx 3000 (5000) are as follows:

Power cable- micro USB of cable plugged into RigPi 5 v PWR socket.

Ethernet cable from Wireless router to Ethernet socket on RigPi.

USB square plug into USB socket on radio (labelled 21 on page 30 of my manual).  Cable goes to USB socket on RigPi using a rectangular plug.

That’s it.  Use no audio in or out cables or PTT cable.  All of that travels through the USB cable.

Go to the Menu on the radio and change: 37 to USB; 38 to 38400 bps; and 75 to USB.

I also connected a monito, wireless keyboard and mouse to the HDMI socket on RigPi so I could then duplicate the SD card in the RigPi in case it gets corrupted.  I got all of that at Microcenter.

I got my RigPi two weeks ago and had help from a ham.  At this point RigPi has control of my radio but the audio is not going or coming to my computer.

Mumble is tricky.  I can’t help you with that.  The above is about the extent of my knowledge.

Best of luck.  I’ll be out of town most of today.

John

AA4JJ

(My email address of jrk38@... and jkarickhoff@... has changed to jrk538@.... Please update your address book.)