Topics

Yaesu FTDX 5000 cables

jrk538@...

Dave,

The cable connections for the Yaesu FT dx 3000 (5000) are as follows:

Power cable- micro USB of cable plugged into RigPi 5 v PWR socket. 

Ethernet cable from Wireless router to Ethernet socket on RigPi.

USB square plug into USB socket on radio (labelled 21 on page 30 of my manual).  Cable goes to USB socket on RigPi using a rectangular plug.

That’s it.  Use no audio in or out cables or PTT cable.  All of that travels through the USB cable.

Go to the Menu on the radio and change: 37 to USB; 38 to 38400 bps; and 75 to USB.

I also connected a monito, wireless keyboard and mouse to the HDMI socket on RigPi so I could then duplicate the SD card in the RigPi in case it gets corrupted.  I got all of that at Microcenter. 

I got my RigPi two weeks ago and had help from a ham.  At this point RigPi has control of my radio but the audio is not going or coming to my computer.

Mumble is tricky.  I can’t help you with that.  The above is about the extent of my knowledge. 

Best of luck.  I’ll be out of town most of today.

John

AA4JJ

(My email address of jrk38@... and jkarickhoff@... has changed to jrk538@.... Please update your address book.)

From: RigPi@groups.io <RigPi@groups.io> On Behalf Of hazzle
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2020 1:39 PM
To: RigPi@groups.io
Subject: [RigPi] Yaesu FTDX 5000

Hi All,

A friend of mine has been trying to work out how to get the MFJ 1234 working with my Yaesu FTDX 5000.

I have not had a go due being laid up ill.

Can anyone advise me which cables are needed so I can use it remotely, cat and tx/rx  aaudio

I can't use my hands at all and have a head mouse.

Thanks in anticipation

73's Dave

Larry

Hello,

Note that the FTDX-5000 series radios do not have a USB port.  The optional Yaesu SCU-17 interface will add USB capabilities, or you can use audio and CAT cables between the RigPi and radio.

Larry
K0LEJ

hazzle

Hi John
Thanks for the reply, the FTDX 3000 has a usb port but the FTDX 5000 doesn't so can't do it that way.
Thanks anyway
Regards
Dave G4WBB

On Fri, 18 Sep 2020, 13:05 , <jrk538@...> wrote:

Dave,

The cable connections for the Yaesu FT dx 3000 (5000) are as follows:

Power cable- micro USB of cable plugged into RigPi 5 v PWR socket. 

Ethernet cable from Wireless router to Ethernet socket on RigPi.

USB square plug into USB socket on radio (labelled 21 on page 30 of my manual).  Cable goes to USB socket on RigPi using a rectangular plug.

That’s it.  Use no audio in or out cables or PTT cable.  All of that travels through the USB cable.

Go to the Menu on the radio and change: 37 to USB; 38 to 38400 bps; and 75 to USB.

I also connected a monito, wireless keyboard and mouse to the HDMI socket on RigPi so I could then duplicate the SD card in the RigPi in case it gets corrupted.  I got all of that at Microcenter. 

I got my RigPi two weeks ago and had help from a ham.  At this point RigPi has control of my radio but the audio is not going or coming to my computer.

Mumble is tricky.  I can’t help you with that.  The above is about the extent of my knowledge. 

Best of luck.  I’ll be out of town most of today.

John

AA4JJ

(My email address of jrk38@... and jkarickhoff@... has changed to jrk538@.... Please update your address book.)

From: RigPi@groups.io <RigPi@groups.io> On Behalf Of hazzle
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2020 1:39 PM
To: RigPi@groups.io
Subject: [RigPi] Yaesu FTDX 5000

Hi All,

A friend of mine has been trying to work out how to get the MFJ 1234 working with my Yaesu FTDX 5000.

I have not had a go due being laid up ill.

Can anyone advise me which cables are needed so I can use it remotely, cat and tx/rx  aaudio

I can't use my hands at all and have a head mouse.

Thanks in anticipation

73's Dave