Topics

Yaesu FTDX 5000

hazzle

Hi All,
A friend of mine has been trying to work out how to get the MFJ 1234 working with my Yaesu FTDX 5000.
I have not had a go due being laid up ill.
Can anyone advise me which cables are needed so I can use it remotely, cat and tx/rx  aaudio
I can't use my hands at all and have a head mouse.
Thanks in anticipation
73's Dave

Dan Heather

Hey Dave!

Has anyone offered to help yet?  I am not a RigPi guru but I’ll give it a shot.  I am also not familiar with the FTDX5000 but I do have a Yaesu FT-991 and I’ll try to help.

73

Dan Heather, N1DH

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

A friend of mine has been trying to work out how to get the MFJ 1234 working with my Yaesu FTDX 5000.

I have not had a go due being laid up ill.

Can anyone advise me which cables are needed so I can use it remotely, cat and tx/rx  aaudio

I can't use my hands at all and have a head mouse.

Thanks in anticipation

73's Dave

hazzle

Hi Dan
Any help is greatly appreciated as due to my disability I haven't been on the air for about 3 year's
Cheers
Dave G4WBB

Here is something I found by searching the RigPi Group at groups.io

Howard Nurse, W6HN, wrote:

Yes, you can use your ftdx5000 with RigPi.  The radio does not have internal CODECs for audio, but Yaesu sells an accessory, the SCU-17, that provides audio and a USB connection for RigPi.  Without the SCU-17, you can use the RigPi Audio board and a serial-to-USB adapter for CAT control.

Dave, does that help get you started?

P.S.  GROUPS.IO is your friend!  Go there and do some searching…

73

Dan Heather, N1DH

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

A friend of mine has been trying to work out how to get the MFJ 1234 working with my Yaesu FTDX 5000.

I have not had a go due being laid up ill.

Can anyone advise me which cables are needed so I can use it remotely, cat and tx/rx  aaudio

I can't use my hands at all and have a head mouse.

Thanks in anticipation

73's Dave

hazzle

Hi Dan
Thanks for the info, I think this is going to get me sorted out.
I can't type very fast so searching online is very slow.
Regards
Dave G4WBB

On Fri, 18 Sep 2020, 13:54 Dan Heather, <jdanheather@...> wrote:

Dave,

A friend of mine has been trying to work out how to get the MFJ 1234 working with my Yaesu FTDX 5000.

I have not had a go due being laid up ill.

Can anyone advise me which cables are needed so I can use it remotely, cat and tx/rx  aaudio

I can't use my hands at all and have a head mouse.

Thanks in anticipation

73's Dave

Dan Heather

Dave,

Yeah, I can just imagine!  But take your time and enjoy the info you can discover.

Be aware that Howard’s original answer offered TWO different solutions. You only need to implement ONE of them.

Good luck and special wishes for you. I am impressed with your initiative!

73

Dan N1DH

--
Dan Heather