Topics

WSJT-Audio Level too High on Receive

Rod Mollise

Hello OMs..

The title pretty much says it all....the receive audio on WSJT-X is too high, going into the red. Setup is an IC-7300 connected via USB. Mumble is not running...the program works, and I can adjust transmit audio with the slider, but nothing I can do will change the level of the receive audio.

Thanks,
Rod
W4NNF

Bruce N7XGR

Rod,  The optics of your question needs to be corrected to at least less that a quarter wave so the Dawes limit can be achieved!
MENU>SET>CONNECTORS>ACC/USB AF Output Level  Is the RX level going to the RigPi.

Keep Looking Up,  Bruce  N7XGR

On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 10:56 AM Rod Mollise <rodmollise@...> wrote:
Hello OMs..

The title pretty much says it all....the receive audio on WSJT-X is too high, going into the red. Setup is an IC-7300 connected via USB. Mumble is not running...the program works, and I can adjust transmit audio with the slider, but nothing I can do will change the level of the receive audio.

Thanks,
Rod
W4NNF

Rod Mollise

Thanks Bruce...it was a rogue kaon causing all the trouble! :)

Obviously you are 100% correct...I was having a case of the dumbs today. And still trying to get used to not connecting my laptop to the rig, but to another computer that is connected to the rig! But all is well, set the audio levels, made a bunch of QSOs, got the log going, exported the QSOS to HRD and I am a happy camper. Or as happy as a camper gets when he's spilled an RC Cola down his keyboard and two storms are threatening the Gulf.

73 OM and TU!

Rod, W4NNF