Topics

Why I have no hair # #ic-7410

Don Melcher

After my IC-7300 query, I remembered that I had a 7410 down in the shack which has a USB Cat and audio interface. So, i replaced the 703 that I had working with both Flrig and RigPi (except cat PTT).

I open Flrig and it opens of course with the 703 but doesn’t establish a connection because the CI-V address is incorrect. I go into settings, change the radio to 7410, the correct port, baud rate (19,200) and address (80) I click INIT and it gets about 80% through the process when the CI-V address in the radio settings window changes to 68, the address of the 703 previously connected, an completes the initialization with no error indication but not connected to the radio. I change the address  back to 80, the radio immediately connects. I click INIT again, that process proceeds as it should. I click exit and when I reopen Flrig, it’s back at the 703 settings.

But wait, it gets better. Trying RigPi, the USB port that appears and works with Flrig, does not appear in the list of radio ports.

Arrrrgh

Don
W6CZ
DM07bk

Don Melcher

7410 Firmware update fixed the RigPi control problem. Flrig is still the same.
Don
W6CZ
DM07bk

Don Melcher

Everything working fine except I can’t get Flrig settings to stick. Doesn’t matter if I use the first device on the list which specifies the 7410 or the last - /dev/ttyUSB0.

RigPi controls everything and works with WSJT-x. Mumble works. Fldigi works. I just have to configure Flrig every time. Odd.

i’ll try my other 1234 tomorrow since this one is second hand. Maybe something is corrupted.

Don
W6CZ
DM07bk

Don Melcher

OK. Same problem with the other 1234 only this was configured for a TS2000. The configuration file for Flrig is not getting overwritten. I think it’s new just within the last week or so because I was switching radios around a lot and hadn’t encountered it.
Don
W6CZ
DM07bk

Don Melcher

I did a full update of the 1234 (after backing up, of course) - no change.

Flrig is v1.3.4 where it appears that the current version is 1.3.5

http://www.w1hkj.com/

Don
W6CZ
DM07bk