Topics

VNC & Mumble

Marc Staves

So I'm wondering, are there recommendations for my android devices as to which VNC app and which Mumble app to use? I did a quick search in the play store for both. Seems like there are so many to pick from.
My second question: Does the USB RS-232 Cable connection to my yaesu ft950 handle everything or do I still need to run separate audio cables from RSS to the back of the radio?
The reason I'm asking this is because I can connect to the RSS via my phone on my LAN and I can control the radio including the PTT but I have no audio in any direction. So far things are going smoothly,  just need to work through the learning curve.
73, Marc, N2PRD

Loic SM5VFE

Hi Marc,
For Android phones the app is called Plumble and VNC Viewer. If your Yaesu ft 950 has a built in soundcard then it is like Kenwood TS 590 radio you will only need a USB cable.

Regards from Loic, SM5VFE

Marc Staves

Loic, thank you for responding so quickly! I managed to fumble my way through so far and just a few minutes ago figured out how to connect VNC coming in from the WAN. I'm now controlling the RSS with it on my phone. Now I just need to work on getting mumble to work.
Glad you guys are out there, what a terrific, knowledgeable group.
Marc,  N2PRD