Topics

"Username Must Be Unique" Problem

W4TZB Wayne

I have myself at Access Level 1 and 4 others with level 2 access and all work fine.   A total of 5 users.

They are active only one a time.

However when I try to add a 6th user, I get a message "User name must be unique" and then "not saved".

Strange because the User Name IS unique (it's a call sign) and I used pHpMyAdmin to look at the users list and there are only the 5 users shown.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

73

W4TZB Wayne

See second post about this problem.

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for reporting this problem!  I've fixed the issue, and it will be in the next release.  Let me know via private message if you want to give the fix a try prior to the release.

Wayne, you can add additional accounts using PHPMyAdmin.  Select an account and use Copy.  Change the uID to the lowest available, then save.

—Howard

Rico Abagnale, DG5BQ

Hi,
I have just the same problem. Any suggestions?

73,
Rico

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Hi Rico,

If you are unable to add additional accounts, you can do so manually.  Start phpMyAdmin from the Raspberry Pi Programming menu.  Username is root and password is 7388.  Open the Users table in the station database.  Click Copy in the first record and the Insert window opens.  Enter the next higher uID and unique Username.  Save (click Go at the bottom), and you will have a new account.

--Howard

Rico Abagnale, DG5BQ

Thank you, Howard.

It worked just fine.