Topics

Tuner UI suggestions

Don Melcher

Mainly regarding touch screen operation.

A “LOCK” button. Too easy to bump the knob trying to do something else. Maybe cycle through Off, ALL, ALL ex PTT.

Make the + and - buttons act like UP/DOWN buttons on hand mic.

Keypad entry that makes sense... there was an external keypad for the IC-735 - QSY’er? - that used a very clever sequence. I have one. I’ll dig it out and give it a try so I get it correctly. I just remembered I have a 735 as well. My old one that dad had.

73
Don

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Thanks, Don, all suggestions for improvements are welcome!  (RigPi 2 has a knob lock, the up/down buttons behave as you suggest.)

—Howard