Topics

RigPi User Manual- Remote Power Switch

Dan Heather

I would like to remotely control my old (SB-200) linear amplifier power on/off.  At the top of  page 148 in the V2 RigPi User Manual (Help menu/RigPi Help on the browser tuner page) it shows a most intriguing  photo of a multi-AC outlet gadget but no description.  Is that a way to control AC power to external equipment?  If so, how?

The only stumbling block is that the amp is running on 240 VAC, but I can look around for the right gadget if this is a possible configuration for the RigPi.

Thanks!

Dan N1DH

Allen

Dan,
Yes there is a way to turn on & off, then turn standby & operation. They have several add on boards for a Pi3B or 2B. Use a 4 channel Relay Hat

--
Allen Higgins
KE8KZO

Dan Heather

Oops!  I found what I needed.  It turns out the caption for the device on page 148 is located at the bottom of page 147.

Digital Loggers' IoT Control Relay.

So I go on with the project...

Thanks

Dan N1DH

Dan Heather

Hey Allen!

Thanks!  This is the kind of thing I was interested in.

Cheerio!

Dan Heather, N1DH

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Yes there is a way to turn on & off, then turn standby & operation. They have several add on boards for a Pi3B or 2B. Use a 4 channel Relay Hat

--
Allen Higgins
KE8KZO

Allen

Remember you connect your wiring from the switches inside your amp. Mine is also 220VAC. There is a script for the switches on the Pi already written. You just need to modify to your operation.
--
Allen Higgins
KE8KZO

Dan Heather

Thanks again, Allen.  Should be fun!

Dan Heather, N1DH

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Remember you connect your wiring from the switches inside your amp. Mine is also 220VAC. There is a script for the switches on the Pi already written. You just need to modify to your operation.
--
Allen Higgins
KE8KZO

Kelehigh@...

Is there a NEW Rigpi Users Manual to download?
Kevin @ KJ7EHQ

On 2020-10-20 08:18, Dan Heather wrote:
I would like to remotely control my old (SB-200) linear amplifier
power on/off. At the top of page 148 in the V2 RigPi User Manual
(Help menu/RigPi Help on the browser tuner page) it shows a most
intriguing photo of a multi-AC outlet gadget but no description. Is
that a way to control AC power to external equipment? If so, how?
The only stumbling block is that the amp is running on 240 VAC, but I
can look around for the right gadget if this is a possible
configuration for the RigPi.
Thanks!
Dan N1DH
Links: