Topics

Rigpi on anything else

Marc Staves

I have my rigpi now working on my Ft950. My plan is to run it as a remote base sometime in the near future. The question I've been wondering about, is this: I have a pc desktop computer here that runs linux. Is there a similar  type OS, like Raspian, that could be run on a standard PC? In other words could something similar to Rigpi be done using a dedicated pc?
73
Marc N2PRD

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Hi Marc,

RigPi is based on Linux, but some changes would have to be made to run it on other than Raspberry Pi OS.  You can install the Raspberry Pi Desktop on a PC, see:  https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en/projects/install-raspberry-pi-desktop

--Howard

Marc Staves

That's cool! I'm going to try this. Thanks Howard!
Marc

On Sat, Aug 8, 2020, 12:52 PM Howard Nurse, W6HN <hlnurse@...> wrote:
Hi Marc,

RigPi is based on Linux, but some changes would have to be made to run it on other than Raspberry Pi OS.  You can install the Raspberry Pi Desktop on a PC, see:  https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en/projects/install-raspberry-pi-desktop

--Howard

Czarpulvinar@...

hi Marc
what cable did you use for AUDIO rx/tx on your FT-950?
thanks
Ceasar VA6cp