Topics

rigpi frozen

gerald

my rigpi suddenly will not go beyond the red light on the left side of the case looking for some answer

Fernando .

try a different power source and cable. check if the voltage is the appropriate for the rigpi

--
Fernando.

gerald

already try another power supply an same result

On Sunday, August 9, 2020, 6:17:02 PM EDT, Fernando . <ffigueroav@...> wrote:

try a different power source and cable. check if the voltage is the appropriate for the rigpi

On Sun, Aug 9, 2020 at 5:55 PM gerald via groups.io <n2efw=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
my rigpi suddenly will not go beyond the red light on the left side of the case looking for some answer

--
Fernando.

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Hi Gerald,

If the green activity light doesn't blink at all, the memory card may have become corrupted.  The red light should stay on continuously and not blink...if it does, a power supply issue may be the cause.

Hopefully you made a backup of your current card.  If not you may have to get another card or download the image from MFJ.  MFJ may cover the card under warranty...contact them to see.

--Howard

Karl Jan Skontorp

Please be aware of just removing the power from the RigPi might result in a damaged SD-card! This happens more often to "cheap" SD-cards. Two advices.
1. only use industrial grade SD-cards

- or -

2. implemet a shutdown button! Do something like this, it's rather easy: https://www.quartoknows.com/page/raspberry-pi-shutdown-button

Howard: why not implement it to the software image?

Karl Jan - LA3FY

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 10:09 AM, Howard Nurse, W6HN wrote:
Hi Gerald,

If the green activity light doesn't blink at all, the memory card may have become corrupted.  The red light should stay on continuously and not blink...if it does, a power supply issue may be the cause.

Hopefully you made a backup of your current card.  If not you may have to get another card or download the image from MFJ.  MFJ may cover the card under warranty...contact them to see.

--Howard

gerald

hi howard the memory card is indeed corrupted an is of no use i did have to pay an download the file from mfj as my warranty is off by a few months an i have no back up.
my problem with the download file is i,am unable to set the correct screen resolution after setting it keeps on returning to lowest  setting looking for some help

On Monday, August 10, 2020, 1:28:57 PM EDT, Karl Jan Skontorp <karl.jan.skontorp@...> wrote:

[...]

Here is how to fix the screen resolution on the RigPi 1.05 download:

On the Raspberry Pi desktop, open Terminal (black icon, upper left) and enter the following:

sudo nano /boot/config.txt<enter>
Move the cursor to the line that reads hdmi_safe=1
Put a # character in front of the line to comment it
Ctrl+O to save
Ctrl+X to exit

Now the resolution will be kept.

--Howard

Dick Hale

Karl Jan: Please give an example of a " industrial grade SD-card".  Thanks

Karl Jan Skontorp

Hi Dick!
My son have used SD-card in prefessional equipment, and he bought from Franell, Swissbit and Delkin Devices. Please check this datasheet
http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/2774100.pdf?_ga=2.250546117.234612424.1597253083-2139192366.1596629935

He also told me low voltage on the RPi might give problems. I'm not very familiar with the RPi, but I thinkt there is two leds on the board, close to the USB/network connections. One is red and the oter is green. If the red is on, this indicates low voltage. My son also told me that such a siruation also will be logged in the RPi log. This could be checked with the command "dmesg", I don't know how to check or what kind of message to look for, but it will have to do with the "low voltage" suppose someone in this forum can give you better answers than me, regarding Raspian log debugging....

Hope this helps!
BR
Karl Jan

Bart Craytor

Of additional note, the bios kernel may have become corrupted and need to be re-installed.  See the Raspberry Pi dot org web page about corrupt kernels.

Good Luck

Bart

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 12:09 PM Howard Nurse, W6HN <hlnurse@...> wrote:
Hi Gerald,

If the green activity light doesn't blink at all, the memory card may have become corrupted.  The red light should stay on continuously and not blink...if it does, a power supply issue may be the cause.

Hopefully you made a backup of your current card.  If not you may have to get another card or download the image from MFJ.  MFJ may cover the card under warranty...contact them to see.

Bart C. Craytor  bcraytor@...
Attorney at Law
Licensed in Arkansas--Oklahoma--Texas
www.trialatty.com

Offices:
LAW OFFICES OF BART C. CRAYTOR
126 West 2nd Street
Mount Pleasant, Texas  75455
Tel: 903-293-7729
Fax 866-314-2960 Toll Free Direct Fax

"[A]ny lawyer worth his salt will tell the suspect in no uncertain terms to make no statement to police under any circumstances."
-- Watts v. Indiana 338 US 49 at 59 (1949) (Concurring Opinion, Justice Jackson)

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just." Thomas Jefferson

Perry Ogletree

If you get/have a SD card reader for your PC/Laptop you can read/write the “boot” FAT 32 area of your SD card (Ignore any “You need to format” prompt as that’s just complaints about the Linux partition) . If you get software, like the Paragon “Linux File System for Windows”, you can even read/write the Linux EXT4 partition.  That allows you to make easy backups of your config files, edit and file you need to modify, etc.

Perry K4PWO