Topics

Rig Pi and Kenwood TS 2000 as a system

John King

This is a CALL for communication with someone using a TS 2000 with a Rig Pi and desk top computer. I have  that setup and I am having very elementary problems getting the Rig Pi and the TS 2000 to communicate. If you are using such a set up and are willing to assist a very old dinosaur, please email me directly at k5pgw@yahoo,com and tutor me on he elementary fundamentals of using the Rig Pi to remotely control the TS 2000 I do not plan digital mode communication. I use SSB and CW.

I promise to ask questions and try to learn quickly !!

Thanks and 73,
John King, K5PGW
Denham Springs, Louisiana

Lon Lease

Its a hit. I have a ts 2000 and will help. Email me offline at lml@.... lml

On Jul 31, 2020 11:03 AM, "John King via groups.io" <k5pgw@...> wrote:
This is a CALL for communication with someone using a TS 2000 with a Rig Pi and desk top computer. I have  that setup and I am having very elementary problems getting the Rig Pi and the TS 2000 to communicate. If you are using such a set up and are willing to assist a very old dinosaur, please email me directly at k5pgw@yahoo,com and tutor me on he elementary fundamentals of using the Rig Pi to remotely control the TS 2000 I do not plan digital mode communication. I use SSB and CW.

I promise to ask questions and try to learn quickly !!

Thanks and 73,
John King, K5PGW
Denham Springs, Louisiana

Don Melcher

I’ll be interested if you find anything unusual. I have a TS2000 I’m considering since it is 1.8 - 1200 MHz.

Perry Ogletree

The biggest “gotcha” with the TS-2000 is it’s inability to use CAT PTT if you use the rear ACC2 connector. CAT will only work with the mike input. You have to use hardware PTT keying on the ACC2 “muting” keying pin to pass ACC2 audio.

Perry K4PWO

I’ll be interested if you find anything unusual. I have a TS2000 I’m considering since it is 1.8 - 1200 MHz.