Topics

Radio very loud when i use headset mic #audio

tony.alluitte@...

-Hi , is it possible to modifie radio tonality when i use a headset on my phone ?

my radio is very loud  i need mode acute ...

Thank You !

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Hi Tony,

The simplest way to adjust the receive audio level from your radio is by using Alsamixer in RigPi.  Go to the Terminal on the Raspberry Pi desktop and type alsamixer<enter>.  You will see the gain controls there.

--Howard

tony.alluitte@...

-Hi Howard , thank you for your answer , but i dont explain very well , when i say loudy , ii is my radio when i transmit , my correspondant say me : your radio is very loud , put more acute , is it possible to change that ?
thank You !

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Hi Tony,

I suspect English may not be your first language.  If that is correct (I think you may be from France), please send me private email and I will translate.

--Howard

shaun@...

Excuse my ignorance but very interested in the integrated nature of the RigPi and have wanted to get into ham radio for a while but really didn’t want to erect a huge antenna. To proceed, should I get my Technician’s license first, and then get the RigPi? Any recommendations about how to proceed or pointers to  path would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

tony.alluitte@...

-Bonjour Howard , oui pour parler en Anglais pas de Problème mais pour l'écrire c'est une autre chose...
Donc j'essaye de t'expliquer mon soucis , je voulais savoir s'il est possible de modifier la tonalité de sortie audio lorsque l'on passe en émission , j'utilise ton logiciel sur mon smartphone , avec un casque pieton , dit oreillette , mais , mes correspondants me disent que ma radio est trop grave , il n'y a pas assez d'aigus , y a t il une solution a ce problème ?
Merci pour ta réponse !

Best's 73s

Tony.

Jeff Anderson

On Sat, Aug 22, 2020 at 01:08 AM, <tony.alluitte@...> wrote:
Bonjour Howard , oui pour parler en Anglais pas de Problème mais pour l'écrire c'est une autre chose...
Donc j'essaye de t'expliquer mon soucis , je voulais savoir s'il est possible de modifier la tonalité de sortie audio lorsque l'on passe en émission , j'utilise ton logiciel sur mon smartphone , avec un casque pieton , dit oreillette , mais , mes correspondants me disent que ma radio est trop grave , il n'y a pas assez d'aigus , y a t il une solution a ce problème ?
Merci pour ta réponse !
A quick translation -- Tony is wondering if there is any way to change the transmit signal's frequency response.  He's using a headset (e.g. bluetooth) with his smartphone, and his contacts at the far end are saying it is too bassy and needs more treble.  (I think that's correct)

- Jeff, k6jca

Perry Ogletree

Have him check his rig’s menus. Many late model transceivers have TX equalization settings that can be tailored for a persons voice, mike (audio source in this case), etc. The problem is that setting may or may not work with audio from a source (USB or AUX connectors) other than the mike connector.

Perry K4PWO

Bonjour Howard , oui pour parler en Anglais pas de Problème mais pour l'écrire c'est une autre chose...
Donc j'essaye de t'expliquer mon soucis , je voulais savoir s'il est possible de modifier la tonalité de sortie audio lorsque l'on passe en émission , j'utilise ton logiciel sur mon smartphone , avec un casque pieton , dit oreillette , mais , mes correspondants me disent que ma radio est trop grave , il n'y a pas assez d'aigus , y a t il une solution a ce problème ?
Merci pour ta réponse !

A quick translation -- Tony is wondering if there is any way to change the transmit signal's frequency response.  He's using a headset (e.g. bluetooth) with his smartphone, and his contacts at the far end are saying it is too bassy and needs more treble.  (I think that's correct)

- Jeff, k6jca

tony.alluitte@...

-Hi , i use Ic 7300.
Any idea ?

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Tony, in your IC-7300 go to SET>CONNECTORS>ACC/USB AF Output Level where you can adjust the receive volume.

--Howard

tony.alluitte@...

-Hi Howard , what do you mean about receive volume , i want to change my transmission type of sound when i transmit not the réception.

Rod Mollise

OM, if your transmit audio is too hot and your transmit audio is distorted (which is what I assume you mean by "too loud"), the way to fix that is by adjusting the audio level with Alsamixer (available through Terminal).