Topics

Next Version ".

Peter Bruins

Edited

Hello Howard

I have an question  the next version fro RigPI works with a Raspberry 4 only ?
ore with the
Raspberry 3  too ???

it is impotent for me the I will wait to by them

73 Peter DH4JQ

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Hi Peter,

RigPi 2 uses the latest Raspbian Buster operating system which runs on the Raspberry Pi 4 and earlier versions including the Raspberry Pi 3B+.

--Howard

Peter Bruins

Hello Howard
tnx for the info then I will by a pi4.
Did only MFJ sell the software
by peter DH4JQ

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Hi Peter,

MFJ will sell the new version through their web site.  It is not available yet. Only the old version is there.

--Howard

Don Melcher

Any decision on how upgrades will happen?
Don
W6CZ
DM07bk

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Hi Don,

The new version will be available for download from the MFJ web site.  It is best to install it on a new microSD card to preserve your old one.  Installation instructions will be provided with the download.

If you want to get ready, here is one microSD card I recommend:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B98GXQT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is a 32 GB card designed for high performance.

--Howard

Lou Laderman W0FK

Has an estimated rollout date and pricing been set yet for the upcoming Rigpi 2?

73, Lou W0FK

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Hi Lou,

The current download for 1.05 is under $30, and I don't expect 2.0 to be different (but that could change).  Recent purchasers of 1.05 (either by download or by purchasing the memory card) will be accommodated.  Details forthcoming.

A bug was found in the 2.0 release candidate, now fixed, but it must be tested.  MFJ will decide the release date.

--Howard

Lou Laderman W0FK

Edited

Will the future MFJ hardware have the Raspberry Pi 3 or 4?

73, Lou W0FK

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Hi Lou,

At some point MFJ will switch to the Raspberry Pi 4B with a new case.  It would be best to have it available with the 2.0 release, but that has not been determined.

--Howard

Peter Bruins

Hello Howard

I have upload  the Software from MFJ that I have an clean version  but there is no version Number on the Website from MFJ  I think it was  a 1 Version
you now may send problem in FT 8 for the K3 and The IC 7300 both the same problem
did you have a date  for v 2 ?

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Hi Peter,

We will have an announcement on October 1 about RigPi 2.  Stay tuned!

--Howard

Peter Bruins

Thanks for the info
73 Peter