Topics

Newbie questions

Roy Armishaw <royarmishaw@...>

Hi Group,

I have been following the development of rig pi and am excited to see the new firmware supports remote CW operation.

I have a couple of questions before buying the equipment needed for my yaesu ft450d station and appreciate your guidance .

Do I wait for the new mfj1234 B to arrive in the UK or buy the current model and just update the firmware to 2.0?

Could I build my own unit with the latest raspberry pi and buy the keyer and audio boards along with the firmware sd card if it’s all available in the UK ?

What will I need at the remote end for cw operations ? I have a spare laptop I can use but maybe I need another raspberry pi unit ? How can I integrate a straight key ?

Thanks
Roy