File: RigPi.chm

Uploaded By: Howard Nurse

RigPi 1.0 Help, HTML format (chm)

You can access this file at the URL:
https://groups.io/g/RigPi/files/RigPi%20Documentation/RigPi.chm

Cheers,
The Groups.io Team

Howard Nurse, W6HN

The Hamlib radio and rotor lists may not contain a radio/rotor you are using, but there is probably an equivalent radio.  For example, the FTdx3000 is not in the list, but the equivalent (for control purposes) FTdx5000 is.

In RigPi's Radio settings you can create any name you like for a particular radio.  For example, even though the FTdx5000 library is in use, you can name that radio FTDx3000.  The radio name identifies a radio in RigPi. If you have two K3s radios, you could name one K3s-1 and the other K3s-2 to keep them separate.

73, Howard W6HN

Papi <papiflaps@...>

Didn't see the Yaesu FTdx-3000. Did I miss it? There's the FT-1200 and the FTdx-5000 but they are not really the same radios as the 3000.

Papi <papiflaps@...>

Oops! Just saw your comment re. the 3000/5000. I sure hope you're right! BTW, tried to download Hamlib 3.3 yesterday and my computer balked. Any known issues with it? It wasn't a firewall issue either. Hmmm...

Howard Nurse, W6HN

Hi Papi,

Many FTdx-3000 owners have been using the FTdx-5000 selection in my Windows program, CommCat, for some time.  If there are any issues, the folks maintaining the Hamlib libraries are very responsive.

--Howard

Oops! Just saw your comment re. the 3000/5000. I sure hope you're right! BTW, tried to download Hamlib 3.3 yesterday and my computer balked. Any known issues with it? It wasn't a firewall issue either. Hmmm...

Papi <papiflaps@...>

Thanks Howard. I guess my apprehensions are premature having had issues with other so-called compatible devices recently. Thanks for confirming. I'm sure I'll have many more questions...just a warning...LOL I appreciate your response!